Dec 9, 2009

Our First Christmas Tree (Skirt!)



Joy to the World, Our Tree Skirt's Done! It took longer than I thought it would, but as you can see, it turned out BEAUTIFUL! I handmade this skirt without a Pattern! (sorry there's no pattern to share!) When I'm sewing, I just kinda wing things! I also wanted to quilt it, but more wanted to get it around our tree! Maybe it'll be quilted before next Christmas. The dark green around the edges was my favorite. I sort of folded and bunched the fabric at the top to make a flowing skirt like appearence. Some spots were difficult to sew, but the end result is an A+! I also have to thank my neighbor King for the patch with our name and year. She has a fancy machine that embroiderers, and was willing to make this for us! How Professional! Thank you! Now that the skirt is finished, I'm going to make matching stockings! (again, with no pattern! Just going to wing-it!)
And here is our completed (almost) 1st Christmas tree!! Tree in a box didn't turn out to shabby. I miss the smell. The tree is 7 1/2 ft tall, with only 400 lights on it. I think next year, we'll double it. I want to see that pine glow! We are also still without a Tree topper! YIKES!!! This weekend we're completing our shopping, so I think we'll find one together then. And lastly, thoughts on Tinsel???? Some people drown their tree in the silverly strands. I'm not one of those. I like to pick out each and every ornament. But a little tinsel won't hurt.

No comments:

Post a Comment